Skip to main content

Thursday 7th January

Good morning everyone! If you are looking at this blog, that's brilliant - please leave a comment to say hello so that we know you have seen it. 

We will be hand delivering a pack to each of you with things to help you work from home. If there is anything else you need, let us know. 

We have some exciting new topic that we will begin with next week! We will follow the normal timetable as much as possible, including PE. 

Science - sound

History - muck, mess and mixtures

Collective worship - compassion 

Reading & Writing - George's Marvellous Medicine 

Today, we have a few nice activities to get started with reading and writing again. 

1. Have a look at the picture. Can you write some sentences about it? What does it look like? What are they doing? Try and use some noun phrases (adjective + noun) to make your writing exciting! 


2. Here is a template of a postcard. You can print it or copy it. I would like you to write a postcard to a teacher or someone at school to tell them what you have been doing since you last saw them. I can't wait to hear all about your holidays! 


3. Nearpod collective worship lesson code GTW95


I can't wait to see photos of your work sent to our year 2 email address year2@stjohnmark.co.uk

Miss Healey :) 



Comments

  1. hi miss healey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Bobby! Great to see you up and on the blog this morning :) Well done

      Delete
    2. I have done my nearpod, I'm just starting my shoes

      Delete
  2. Hi Miss Healey I have done my shoes and my Postcard and my winter writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi miss Healey, I have done my nearpod lesson. After lunch I will do the rest of my
    work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muhammad Zuhair Khan7 January 2021 at 12:42

    hi miss healey its zuhair how are you? when will you be posting the work packs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi miss Healey how are you its nimrah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nimrah! I am good thank you, I will drop off your things now :)

      Delete
  6. Hello miss healey how are you ? i have done my writing work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aminah! I am good thanks I hope you are too. Well done for doing your writing, can you send a photo of your work to year2@stjohnmark.co.uk ?

      Delete
  7. Hello Miss Healey. It was very nice seeing you when collecting my work pack :)
    I did all the lessons set today and mum is going to email my work. Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi miss Healy its Aysha I have completed the task for today and done nearpod ☺ I can't wait for tomorrow's lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi miss Healey its Anisha I did my homework

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi miss Healey it’s me saira I have been missing you i know you are the best teacher 😇❤️😇❤️😊😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you too Saira! We will keep in touch lots and hopefully you’ll be back soon.

      Delete
  11. Hi miss Healey I done my work not done the nearpod cause I dont know how to do it love from Aisha rehman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To do a nearpod aisha, just go on the nearpod website and where it says join a lesson, type in the code we give you. Let me know if you have any more problems!

      Delete
  12. zainab rizwan - Y27 January 2021 at 19:23

    Hello miss Healey I have got my school pack today I will do my home work every day.
    I miss you and all my friends. ❤❤��❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s great Zainab, well done! Keep sending photos of your work to our class email address :)

      Delete
  13. Hi miss Healey I have done my postcard and writing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Nearpod Code

Hello Year 2!  I miss you all so much. Are you having a good week? Thank you for joining the Nearpod lesson and commenting on here. We had so many children using it that we need a new code, just for year 2!  Let's comment and join the Nearpod lesson as much as possible, so that we can enjoy a pizza party together very soon. Miss Healey  🍕

Competition!

 Hello one and all! This Monday the 12th of October, we all had a "Remote Learning" assembly in class. At the end of that assembly, we were told that there was a competition in school.  Please find the code for the Nearpod assembly below! 

Remembrance Day

Good morning Year 2,  As we already know, today is remembrance day. At 11am we will be having a minute of silence to show our respect for those who served in the war.  Here are the amazing poppies we made in class that have been displayed in Tesco. Have you seen yours? Who can remember why the colours red, black and green were important?  A bonus point if you can remember why a poppy is the chosen flower for remembrance day!  Miss Healey