Skip to main content

Friday Questions

Points update: flamingos = 9, penguins = 3, meerkats = 11, giraffes = 3, baboons = 11

Spellings

Today would be our spelling quiz. 

Practise this week's words and then have a quiz at home to see how many you can spell. birthday, skirt, purse, modern, nurse, feather

Phonics 

Which words can you make using these sounds?



Music

Watch the video below. It was made for Remembrance Day - or Poppy Day. Listen to the music carefully.

A. Do you like the music?

B. What instruments can you hear?

C. Does the music sound the same all the way through?

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, stay safe. I will be posting lots of your amazing work on this blog so come back and see if you can find yours! Remember you are still off school on Monday so have a look at the blog then too :) I am very proud of all of the work you have been doing this week. 

Miss Healey 🌈

Comments

  1. Phonics

    tree , flee, feel, peel, sheep, deep, feed, sleep, feet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music

    a. yes I do.
    b. violin, flute and drums.
    c. no.

    Phonics

    tree
    peel
    feel
    sheep
    deep

    Spellings

    I did the quiz with my mum and I got 6/6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Julia! Can you explain how the music changed?

      Delete
    2. the music got louder.

      Delete
  3. I like the music. I heard a piano , violin , drums and a flute. It went Louder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great observations, Noah! Keep up the good work :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Miss Healey

    I got 6 out of 6 on my spellings.

    Words I found;
    peel
    sheep
    sheet
    feel
    sleet
    sleep
    deep
    tree
    feed
    feet
    tee
    fee

    I enjoyed the music.

    Have a nice weekend Miss Healey

    From Nathaniel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi miss Healey its Anisha
    I did my spelling and got 6 out 6 yesssssss!!!
    Mummy will email my work
    I enjoyed the music it got louder and I heard violins and piano and drums.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi miss Healey it's nimrah
    Sleep
    Feel
    Tree
    Sheep
    Deep
    Peel
    Feed
    Feet
    Sheet
    Flee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the music.
    The music was soft and started to get louder and fast at the end.
    I can hear violin and piano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Nimrah, you have been working so hard!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Nearpod Code

Hello Year 2!  I miss you all so much. Are you having a good week? Thank you for joining the Nearpod lesson and commenting on here. We had so many children using it that we need a new code, just for year 2!  Let's comment and join the Nearpod lesson as much as possible, so that we can enjoy a pizza party together very soon. Miss Healey  🍕

Competition!

 Hello one and all! This Monday the 12th of October, we all had a "Remote Learning" assembly in class. At the end of that assembly, we were told that there was a competition in school.  Please find the code for the Nearpod assembly below! 

Remembrance Day

Good morning Year 2,  As we already know, today is remembrance day. At 11am we will be having a minute of silence to show our respect for those who served in the war.  Here are the amazing poppies we made in class that have been displayed in Tesco. Have you seen yours? Who can remember why the colours red, black and green were important?  A bonus point if you can remember why a poppy is the chosen flower for remembrance day!  Miss Healey