Skip to main content

Tuesday

Good morning year 2 I hope you are all keeping safe at home. 

Assembly

Go to nearpod.com and enter this code to 'join a lesson' - KFIPQ - this will take you to a whole school assembly

Phonics

Yesterday, we practised the oo and ue sounds. Today, let's practise the ir and er sounds. Can you remember which sound goes in each word? Clue: er is normally found at the end of words...

Maths

Sign into TimesTables Rockstars using the details on the sheet that was with your isolation pack. You can also email me to ask for your login information. 

We have been counting in 10s. 

First, look at this 100 square and practise counting in 10s when you start on 10. 


Then, look at this 100 square and practise counting in 10s when you start on a different number. 

What number can you start on? What numbers do we say if we count on in 10s?


Topic 

We are going to be making maps of the area around school.  

To start our thinking, have a talk at home about these words

*town

*house

*street

*country

Which one is smallest? Which one is biggest? 

Can you name your town, street and country? (never write your home address in a blog comment)

So far, flamingos have 2 points, penguins have 1 point and baboons have 2 points. Let's see how many more we can get today! 


Miss Healey 


Comments

  1. digger
    rubber
    bird
    her
    thirst
    skirt
    ladder
    third
    letter
    girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. house is the smallest
    country is the biggest

    yes, I can name my street but I am not supposed to write it here. my town is bury and the country is England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great work, Julia! You can have a point for your table :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Miss Healey its Anisha I have done the nearpod lesson and discussed with my mummy how we can recycle better and i completed the work mummy will email you my work now. I was very good I counting in my tens mummy tested me she me a number and told me to go in tens she gave me 22 and 35 and 46 and got them all right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Digger
    Rubber
    Bird
    Her
    Thirst
    Skirt
    Ladder
    Third
    Letter
    Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aminah! Great spelling, well done. Baboons are getting lots of points!

      Delete
  5. Hi its Anisha thankyou for the work pack I have already started it yesterday and I'm enjoying the colouring pages we have to do. I have completed 4 pages already and going to do some more today. I went on the website time table rockstar too great fun thankyou miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous! It's good to hear what you are doing each day Anisha :) another point for you, well done.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed Timetable Rockstars.

    Nathaniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahoo you solved the problem Nathaniel! Well done for commenting and for doing so much work. You’ve now got two table points :) Miss Healey

      Delete
  7. Hi it’s Ali,
    digger
    Rubber
    Bird
    Her
    Thirst
    Skirt
    Letter
    Girl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Nearpod Code

Hello Year 2!  I miss you all so much. Are you having a good week? Thank you for joining the Nearpod lesson and commenting on here. We had so many children using it that we need a new code, just for year 2!  Let's comment and join the Nearpod lesson as much as possible, so that we can enjoy a pizza party together very soon. Miss Healey  🍕

Competition!

 Hello one and all! This Monday the 12th of October, we all had a "Remote Learning" assembly in class. At the end of that assembly, we were told that there was a competition in school.  Please find the code for the Nearpod assembly below! 

Remembrance Day

Good morning Year 2,  As we already know, today is remembrance day. At 11am we will be having a minute of silence to show our respect for those who served in the war.  Here are the amazing poppies we made in class that have been displayed in Tesco. Have you seen yours? Who can remember why the colours red, black and green were important?  A bonus point if you can remember why a poppy is the chosen flower for remembrance day!  Miss Healey